ATS - Co-Pilot Transmission kit - 2001-2005 GM 5 speed Allison 1000
Part # 6019044248
The ATS Co-Pilot for 2001-05 GM, 5 speed Allison 1000 & 6.6L Duramax, Controls Transmission Pressure and TCC lock up based on Boost Pressure(MAP), Vehicle Speed(VSS) and Throttle Position(TPS)
The Co Pilot for the 01-05 5 speed Allison 1000 makes it possible to transfer increased power levels over stock developed by a modified engine to the rear wheels without causing the dreaded transmission slip and "Fail Safe" condition that plagues the Allison transmission. The Co-Pilot™ package alone, without any internal transmission modifications, allows the transmission to handle approximately 85 more horsepower and 120 foot pounds of torque over the power level at which the stock Allison will typically enter into "Fail Safe" mode, roughly 425HP/650Tq. The Co-Pilot™ kit allows the transmissions clutch packs to receive full line pressure (clamping force needed to apply clutches) during high power situations. The stock Allison LCT-1000/2000 and 2400 transmissions torque capacity has been reduced by the limited pressure that is available in the clutch packs. The stock Allison transmission only receives approximately 86-PSI oil pressure to the clutch packs when in 5th gear. After the addition of the Co-Pilot™ transmission system the transmission clutch packs receive approximately 230-PSI, more than 2.5 times the stock pressure.
- Increases clutch pack apply pressure relative to boost, throttle position, and vehicle speed sensor
- More effective than any "shift kit" - Pressure increases more than double what shift kits will do without harsh or erratic shifting!
- Creates a more efficient power transfer by controlling torque converter lockup, which results in cooler transmission running temperatures
- In-cab push button control (adjustable on-the-fly)
- User selectable "Race Mode" which forces lockup after the 1-2 shift while maintaining full line pressure
- Item Requires Shipping
- 10.0 lbs.
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
May We Suggest
- US Diesel Parts Difference
- Customer SatisfactionOur #1 priority is our customer!
- Fast ShippingSame day shipping if order is by 12pm MST
- Low Price GuaranteeWe match competitors prices
- No Hassle ReturnsEasy returns or refunds