As manual transmissions become a less popular option offered by most orginal equipment suppliers, many aftermarket remanufacturers have turned their attention to other volume based product lines. Zumbrota Drivetrain continues to focus directly on this segment of the market. The result is obvious, Zumbrota Drivetrain delivers some of the most dependable remanufactured five speed, six speed and transaxle manual transmissions available.
Our ability to produce quality manual transmissions is due to the people and processes developed over the last 30 years. These processes are continuously reviewed to ensure the highest quality possible.
- Quality inspections are conducted 3 times during the remanufacturing process
- A pre-inspection is done to ensure the unit is free of case cracks, excessive wear and to catch other OEM related problems that many cores have
- A second inspection is conducted during the reman process to ensure all component parts meet OEM specifications
- A final post-build inspection is done to ensure unit is built to our strict standards
- All units are quality inspected throughout the remanufacturing process to maintain our quality standard.
- All housings and top covers are cleaned utilizing our state of the art hydro blasting and rinsing process. This process is what brings all cases back to the OEM finish. Once you've seen it, you'll understand what we mean.
- 100% inspection of internal parts, including gear wear checks, mainshaft straightness test and synchronizer testing.
- 100% replacement of seals, bearings, and other common wear components.
- All transmissions are dynometer tested and ran through numerous real life scenarios.
- Units are shipped in high density plastic totes to help eliminate in-transit damage.
- Manual transmissions used in vehicles up to 3/4 tons are sold with a standard 2 year / unlimited mileage warranty