Banks SpeedBrake with IQ fits 2004 - 2005 Chevy GMC 6.6L Duramax LLY.
Part # 55437
The Banks SpeedBrake cuts downhill speeds by nearly 80% without using the brake pedal. Saves your wheel brakes, keeping them cool and ready for emergencies. Dramatically reduces brake wear. And saves thousands in brake maintenance! SpeedBrake's patented design lets you select your downhill speed (anywhere from 25-75 mph), and then maintain that speed automatically. It's like having exhaust brake cruise control!
Benefits of the all-electronic design.
Installation is fast, clean and easy. No cutting. No welding. No wire tapping. No wire splicing. Unlike conventional exhaust brakes, SpeedBrake is plug-and-play! It interacts with the vehicle in a way that no conventional exhaust brake ever has. It uses Banks PowerPDA® to interface with the vehicle's ECU, intelligently controlling the variable geometry turbo vanes, torque converter clutch application and transmission gear selection to optimize braking control.
Flexible braking control.
"ON" MODE: select the level of braking aggressiveness you want: High, Medium, Low. "SPEED CONTROL" MODE: select and maintain a specified downhill speed (25-75 mph). PowerPDA® provides 2-way communication and displays vehicle parameters, including vehicle speed, current braking effort relating to vane position, trans temp and engine coolant temp. It also has a system status indicator with on-screen alerts, and OBDII scan tool capability. Amazing!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• More effective braking than is possible with a simple valve assembly
• Operating modes
– ON: Maximum braking; High, Med and Low strength settings
– SPEED CONTROL: Maintains pre-selected target speed
• Easy touch-screen control
– Displays vehicle speed, current braking effort (relating to vane position), trans temp, engine coolant temp and much more
• OBDII scan tool capability: reads/interprets/clears codes
• System Status Indicator with on-screen alerts (excessive coolant or trans temps, for example)
• Easy, clean install; all-electronic design requires only a few simple underhood connections; no modifications to the exhaust system are needed
• In testing, the Banks SpeedBrake dramatically outperformed all competitive products in basic braking function. No other manufacturer currently offers anything like a Speed Control Mode.
The new Banks SpeedBrake shown above with Banks PowerPDA. (Palm Tungsten E2 sold separately.)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm