Wicked Wheel(R) 2 for the 2005 - 2007 OEM 6.0L GT37 Turbo
Part # WW0560
This wheel is a 2005 - 2006 Ford PSD 6.0L Performance Billet Compressor Wheel for STOCK GT37 Turbo Applications - Wicked Wheel 2 (WW2) Compressor Wheel Series Part #WW0560
- Greatly improves throttle response
- Increased Horsepower
- Lower EGTs
- Easy installation - no modifications needed
- Increased boost
- Before Ordering: When turbo re manufacturing facilities rebuild the 05-07 turbos, they almost always cut the compressor cover to clean up damages and scratches and then install 03 compressor wheels. This is a VERY common practice. Even turbos bought from Ford for an 05-07 truck will most likely have an 03 wheel installed. If your turbo has ever been out of the truck for repair, or you bought your truck used and don't know the history, you must measure the inducer of the compressor wheel before ordering. The 03 style wheel measures about 59mm and the 05 style measures about 56mm.
- ****If you do not have access to a caliper or micrometer, the part number of the OEM wheel is printed onto the back of the wheel (As shown in the image above). Remove the wheel and look for the part number. You may need to use brake parts cleaner to clean off any oil to read it. Do not use anything other than brake parts cleaner. Acetone or similar cleaners will remove the part number. The '03 wheel part number is 722142-0020M. The '05 wheel part number is 722142-0025M.
- DO NOT USE AN IMPACT WRENCH TO CHANGE TURBO WHEELS! Impact wrenches cause stress fractures in the shaft that will cause failure either very soon or thousands of miles down the road. It's like a crack in your windshield that grows over time. Take your time and remove the turbo, hold onto the turbine shaft and remove the compressor wheel with an open end wrench.
- This turbo has a reverse thread - meaning you turn the compressor wheel to the right to loosen. No need to torque the Wicked Wheel on. Simply snug the Wicked Wheel until it fully seats. It will self-tighten to full torque.