- In 2016, there were 8 million diesel passenger vehicles in the United States.
- 72 percent of the trucks with a gross vehicle weight rating 10,001 and above sold in the United States in 2013 were diesel-powered.
- Only 1.5 percent of all light duty vehicles in Model Year 2014 were diesel-powered.
- In 2014, over 16.4 million passenger cars and light trucks were sold in the United States
- Up to 90% of turbocharger failures are due to dirt in the oil, high exhaust gas temperatures, inadequate oil supply, or penetration of foreign bodies in the turbine.