The Stanadyne DS4 electronic diesel fuel injection pump has marked it's place in diesel history. We rebuilt hundreds of them under the GM warranty service period before they finally got all the bugs worked out. Some of them passed through our doors 2-3 times or more before the customer could actually get their truck out of the driveway. GM and Stanadyne took a huge gamble when they neglected to do some proper testing on their new system, but the good news is that the DS4 injection pump is actually a pretty solid and reliable unit now. The PMD is still an issue, but we've even got the answers to all of your PMD problems that will eliminate your hot hard starting and intermittent stalling issues. We also have some great performance upgrades for the electronics, exhaust system, intake and turbocharger that will help you get some better fuel economy and some really decent horsepower gains. If you don't see what you're looking for here, then please call us.
Chevy GMC 6.5L TD Turbo Diesel Specifications:
• Power / Torque: 180 hp @ 3400 rpm / 360 lb·ft @ 1700 rpm
• Displacement: 6.5L / 397 cu in
• Bore x Stroke: 4.06 x 3.82 (in.)
• Compression: GM Early 21.3:1, GM Late 20.3:1, AMG/GEP Marine 18:1
• Valvetrain: OHV 2-Valves per cyl.
• Block / Head: Cast iron / Cast iron
• Aspiration: Turbocharged, Borg-Warner GM Series
• Injection: Bosch Indirect Injection Pintle Injectors, Stanadyne DS4 Electronic Injection Pump